Ticker Factory

Friday, March 30, 2018

Good Friday

Happy Easter ~ Happy Spring.  Its a freakin' white-out.  No sunny blue skies this Easter.  Almost all the snow had melted off of our lawn before it started snowing today.  Not only that the north east wind we are getting has turned -10 into -18.  We did have temperatures on the plus side of zero just a couple days ago.  

I feel like a jinx.   Yes, it's my fault its snowing because I've been playing with summer fabrics.  Cutting out pieces of beautiful, bright blue fabrics to go with the summer designer prints I've been hoarding in my stash.  Just yesterday I decided to take a break from cutting out to do a little sewing.  Just wanted to add a sash to the yellow print to see what it would look like.  



The blue panel blocks are a very irregular size so I used butcher wrap to cut out templates.   Ever make templates and then have your ruler slip so that you ever so slightly nick off a portion of your template?  Sigh.   You would think fabric designers; specifically panel prints would take measurements into consideration.   These blocks have a finished measurement of 10.75 x 10.75.  

No comments: