Ticker Factory

Sunday, March 25, 2018

The Decade Quilt is Finished!

I almost can't believe it myself - the Decade Quilt is finished and lying on my bed!   All hand quilted.  I decided to quicken the process seeing as the backing I bought was 108" wide and I had plenty of fabric on all four sides:  I trimmed the backing to 1 1/4" and pressed it in half and pressed it from front to back to create the seam binding.  This I did not sew by hand.  Although a tad bulky and awkward I managed to sew the seam binding in place.  And the quilting frame has now been removed from my living room.  Yay!

I have already picked out 7 or 8 blues from my fabric stash for a beach themed quilt - some actually look like water - to use with Summertime panel fabric by Denyse Klette for Elizabeth's Studio llc:

 

 
and two other patterned pieces by Mary Stewart for Elizabeth's Studio llc.  that I forgot I even owned (the fruit ladies in blue and in yellow)!!




 More Fruit Ladies-1519-sand

Aren't they a hoot?   I only have half a yard of each of the fruit ladies fabric and can't see myself cutting these.   Going to be tough coming up with a quilt design that gets the most out of these fabrics.

No comments: