Ticker Factory

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Quilt Project

My latest quilt project is my first attempt at a crazy quilt; i.e. using up smaller pieces of fabric from previous projects that I just can't justify tossing.  Turned out, it was a lot of fun paper piecing the various shapes and sizes of fabrics to make the 8.5' x 8.5" squares.  I cut full-scap into 8.5 x 8.5" squares and sewed 16 squares before I started to run out of large enough pieces of fabric; so I decided this would be a "couch blanket" or "throw".   I purposely chose bright, cheerful, fun fabrics as this is to be a "get well" gift.

As I'm giving this quilt away, I decided to take pictures before I joined the quilt front to the quilt back.  This is the backer for the quilt.  I absolutely loved the popsicle fabric and the beverage glasses cloth  [I have since substituted much better photographs of Laura holding her quilt]:


 The front of the quilt:


 and some close ups:






The farm related fabrics were left over from a quilt I made a friend after he had heart surgery and was waiting for him at his ranch when they came back from the hospital.

2 comments:

Laura said...

The recipient of this quilt absolutely LOVES it, thank you so much! It's going with me to my first chemo appointment. XOXO Laura

Anita said...

You are so welcome Laura! I'm so happy that you love the quilt and will take it with you to your chemo appointment!