Ticker Factory

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wedding Album



I figure 37.5 years late is better than not at all.  If our photographer hadn't experimented with a new yellow filter he had been dying to try (sure, I really think you should use it for the very first time when you have been employed as a wedding photographer; albeit a very low budget photographer and a low budget wedding) ....and there pops up that old saying, "you get what you pay for".   Unfortunately, we were very young and on a very limited budget, so we didn't opt for the expensive studio photographer.  I made my own wedding dress ($50) and my bridesmaid's dress.  Kim was my best friend growing up.  She flew from Vancouver (to PG) to be my bridesmaid.  

You'll notice that I have blurred many backgrounds because of the poor colour (and because some of the backgrounds were oh so tacky!).

The scroll is Dusty Attic; first gesso'd, then spritzed with different ink mists and the Vintage Name Plate DA0463 was gesso'd and then inked.  I wanted to use the "sheet music" paper but it seemed too in-your-face, so I used watered-down gesso to paint it first. 




I've used Dusty Attic's mini words #1 DA 0386 first gesso'd and then inked or painted.  I left the Mini Fountain DA0653 naked so it wouldn't detract from my painting underneath*. The bird cage is Color Me Crazy by Petaloo.   I made the blue flowers by painting some cardstock and, when dry, used white ink to stamp a clear acrylic flower stamp... semi-dried, fussy-cut and curled the petals of the upper flower while the paper was still slightly damp.  I splurged on a package of Prima flowers and the white butterfly in the first picture is from that pkg.

*okay, so it isn't really a painting...  I had trimmed a piece of letter-size photo paper and used the scraps to save my desk when I painted the chipboard in the first photo.   So you see, I'm still extremely frugal!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think it's wonderful! Absolutely beautiful. I did our wedding album mere months after the wedding, the very first scrapbook I tried my hand at. Look back now, it's amateur and not at all pleasing to the eye! :) There's something to be said for waiting until you're a seasoned scrapbook pro before tackling the really special pictures! Seeing your layouts makes me miss scrapbooking. Really gotta get my butt in gear again!