Ticker Factory

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pre-wedding photo

I couldn't get the colour right on this photo but I still wanted to use it.  It was taken in my basement suite in Prince George sometime during the summer (or fall) of 1974:


I had a great time at Fabricland Saturday.  Decided I'd drop by to see what they had that I could use for the "dress" ~ pleasant surprise to see a large Special sale weekend for members - a lot marked to 70% off.   I got gorgeous different sheers/laces and scrap denim to patch Larry's jeans (finally got that done today!) and even some gorgeous red fabric to make myself a blouse - all for $20.     The "flower" to the left in the close up was made with a scrap of 1.25" wide sheer with embroidered scallop border.   If you look closely, the button I used for its centre is a rose. 

2 comments:

Shell said...

This is so creative Anita! Luv how u have the fabric coming from the photo & ur handmade flower is beautiful! Thanx for the visit to my blog & ur lovely comments! I couldn't see a follow button on ur blog but I will keep popping by to visit!

Anita said...

Thank you so much Shell. I added the follow button. I've not added it before as I tend to blog in spurts and so many others are blogging daily. (My job cuts into my play time :-)