Ticker Factory

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Jaxon's Baby Quilt

I remembered at the last minute to take a picture of this quilt before it went out the door.  Unfortunately, its an evening picture and the lighting isn't the greatest.  

I had to put one together in a hurry because my friend, Eva's, baby was born one month early.   She no sooner had moved back to Medicine Hat and got settled in and she landed in the hospital.  Sweet baby Jaxon was so tiny - under 6 lbs. - but didn't need to be incubated.  

I decided the easiest way for me to put a quilt together quickly was to make it a strip quilt.  My first flannelette quilt and my first boy quilt.  


Another first for me - since I own a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0, I decided I'd get brave and teach myself to free-motion machine quilt this one.  It actually turned out pretty well for my first attempt.  Since I found dinosaur fabric in three different colours (as well as dogs and elephants), I decided to do lines approx. 7" long, a loop, a line, a loop, etc. width-wise across the wide strips.  It sort of looks like dinosaur eggs being dropped every 7".

No comments: