Ticker Factory

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Newport, Oregon

The other half to my double layout on our day in Newport, Oregon.   I could have spent several days there if it hadn't been so windy and cool... a place that felt like home, with fun, quirky shops and great views.

Neither of us had ever seen how you fish for crabs so we were very curious to watch the fellows on the dock.   He had an actual basket attached to the end of his fishing rod and he just flung the basket out on the line and voila!  That fast he had a few in his basket.   They use chicken for bait because otherwise the sea gulls will steal the bait.   And, get this, if you leave the chicken out of the fridge "thawing" for 2 or 3 days it works even better.... where do you keep the stinking mess for 2 to 3 days??????????

Anyway, I decided to use some chain and metal findings that I've been saving and I used Dusty Attic's Grass Clusters #1 (DA 0660) and 2/3rds of a Fish net Panel (DA 0654) which I gesso'd white.   I didn't use gesso on the grass pieces this time, only Dew Drop pigment ink.   The muckier my hands are, the more fun I have had!  Surprisingly, I can even get my hands stained while wearing disposable latex gloves.   Its a talent.  ;P

No comments: