Ticker Factory

Sunday, October 21, 2012


This darn cold is getting the better of me.   Finally, I have gotten a layout done - Challenge 40 of the Scrappy Ladies weekly challenges... I am soooo behind!





I haven't followed the sketch to the "t" but pretty close.  "100% Boy" is Dusty Attic DA0026.  I usually gesso them before I ink or paint them but decided this time to apply ink to the unfinished chippie.    Without gesso, the chippies tend to absorb too much ink.  I used Smooch Spritz (water-based acrylic paints, rich with mica particles for shimmer) "wood stain" and another that looks orange/red in the glass bottle... unfortunately I tore the label and only have half the name!  (...a Party).   Because I wanted to use dark brown on the layout I decided that the chippie was still too dark so I distressed the edges with Dew Drop Brilliance's Cosmic Copper.   These pictures look very dark but the chippie really does stand out now. 

No comments: